Council Grants Available For Community Groups
Apply now for funding upwards of £500 for your project
Hounslow Council has announced it has £175,000 of grants available for community and voluntary groups.
Groups can apply to two separate funds, the Area Forum Small Grant and Hounslow Community Grant.
Councillor Pritam Grewal, cabinet member for communications and communities, said: “This funding is aimed at supporting residents and communities across the borough which will build a stronger Hounslow.”
Community groups can apply to their Area Forum for a grant of up to £500 for local projects and events.
The Hounslow Community Grant will provide funding of up to £15,000 for services which support vulnerable residents, meet gaps in service delivery, or build community cohesion.
For more details visit www.hounslow.gov.uk/vs_council_grants
Area Forum funding
Each Area Forum has a budget of £7,000 per annum to offer small grants of up to £500 focusing on:
Both revenue and capital costs can be covered by the Area Forum grants.
Grant pot: £35,000
Next closing date: 12 noon, 7 June; funding awarded at July Area Forum meetings.
Community Grant funding
The Hounslow Community Grant provides grants of up to £15,000 for projects or services which will meet one of the following themes:
1. Promoting community development and volunteering
· Projects supporting our communities to participate more effectively in local initiatives which produce practical, social and economic benefits for communities
· Providing volunteering opportunities allowing residents to contribute to their community or supporting unemployed people back into employment
· Improving the quality of life for local people by adding value to existing services or meeting a gap in current provision
2. Connecting Communities
· Projects that connect people with each other, create a sense of belonging for all communities and promote positive relationships between people from different backgrounds
3. Supporting our most vulnerable communities
· Projects meeting the needs of specific excluded communities, those with protected characteristics or vulnerable groups / residents within the borough
Hounslow Community Grants can cover revenue costs only but this can include an organisation’s core costs.
Grant pot for Round 2: £140,000
Round 2 applications: closing date 12 noon,17 June 2013; decision made by Community Investment Advisory Panel (CIAP) in July 2013
June 6, 2013