|Injured Schoolboy Goes Home From Hospital|
His mother thanks the public for good wishes and support
The 15-year old schoolboy who was seriously injured when he was hit by a lorry while waiting at a bus stop near Chiswick School has returned home from hospital.
His mother said Christopher was released from hospital on Wednesday (Nov 7).
She told ChiswickW4.com; "He still has some more steps to take to full recovery."
She added that she had been "overwhelmed" by the good wishes and support from the public and wanted to thank everyone for their help.
Chris had been in a medically induced coma for several days after being rushed to hospital with severe head injuries last month.
A 47-year old man is on bail after being arrested in connection with the incident. He is due to return to the police station on November 26.
Following the accident, in which Chris was hit by the rear wing mirror of a lorry while waiting at the bus stop, local MP Mary Macleod and the school authorities called on Transport for London (Tfl) to investigate whether the bus stop should be moved back from the road.
The school also demanded that safety issues around local bus stops be looked by the relevant authorities.
The bus-stop was on the A316 where hundreds of schoolchildren gather every day after school to catch buses home. Chris had finished playing football and was waiting at the stop at around 4.10pm, when he was injured.
It is understood that he is well enough for friends to visit and has said he is very happy to be home.
A 47-year old man was arrested on 10th October in East Sheen, on suspicion of failing to stop at the scene of a collision. He was taken to a police station in West London and released on bail. He is due to return to the police station on November 26.
November 9, 2012