Nigel Havers Becomes First To Leave I'm A Celebrity

Chiswick actor storms out of jungle over complaints about treatment and 'non-stop' chatter in camp

Related Links


Sign up for our free weekly newsletter

Comment on this story on the

Chiswick actor Nigel Havers has become the first person to leave I'm A Celebrity after he walked out of the show over complaints about treatment of contestants.

The 59 year old left camp after objecting to the Kangaroo Court task, which saw contestants given electric shocks if they failed in trial which could have won them immunity from facing elimination in the first eviction later this week.

But it was not just the fact that the actor 'didn't do electric shocks', Havers had also been complaining about the lack of intelligent conversation between camp mates, calling many of the discussion topics 'inane' and called former MP Lembit Opik 'dull'.

The actor later said: "There has been non-stop chat, never a pause ever. I'm 59 and I don't want to waste it sitting around talking absolute b******s."

Before going into the jungle, Havers said: “This is the end of a crazy year for me. Nobody like me has ever done the show before and it strangely appealed to me. I have just finished doing Coronation Street, which I loved and now I am doing this. I thought I would do a year of surprising people before I go back to doing straight theatre.”

The actor is now planning to leave fellow Chiswick residents Ant and Dec to a return home to start rehearsals for his upcoming pantomine.

The actor has previously enjoyed working with other Chiswickians recently playing male escort Lewis Archer in Coronation Street alongside Grove Park's Rula Lenska.

November 22, 2010