Ant McPartlin Will Not Return To Television Presenting This Year
Says that he will focus on his recovery until next year
Ant McPartlin has announced today he will continue to take a break from all television presenting roles until 2019.
Ant will not present ‘I’m A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!’ in November this year.
In addition Ant and Dec have made the joint decision not to present a new series of ‘Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway’ in Spring 2019.
Production and filming for a ‘Saturday Night Takeaway’ series in February would normally have already started, and continue throughout 2018 and early 2019.
A statement said ;"Neither Ant & Dec nor ITV wanted to compromise the quality of the show and therefore felt it was better to rest the series next year. They will instead bring the show back in 2020, bigger and better than ever."
Ant says: “My recovery is going very well and for that to continue having spoken to Dec and ITV, I have made the decision to take the rest of the year off. I’d like to thank both Dec and ITV for their continued support and I look forward to getting back to work in the new year.”
Dec adds: “Whilst I am obviously sad at the thought of being without my best friend in Australia this year, I am proud of the work Ant has been doing privately and I am fully supportive of his decision. I’m looking forward to us both being reunited on screen in 2019.”
ITV Director of Television Kevin Lygo said: "ITV is completely supportive of Ant taking as much time as he needs in his recovery and of this mutual decision to rest Takeaway in 2019. Ant is clearly making good progress and we wish him all the very best and look forward to him returning to ITV next year. An announcement on I'm A Celebrity plans will be made in due course."
The two award-winning television presenters, who have been friends since childhood, lived close to each other in Chiswick for several years. However, last May, Ant was reported to have moved into a £4 million home in south west London.
Ant had been keeping a low profile since entering treatment following a 20 month driving ban and a fine of £86,000 after admitting drink-driving following a collision with two others cars in Mortlake. His marriage to Lisa Armstrong also collapsed.
He was then at the centre of a media circus when he was spotted with
his former PA, whom is he is believed to be dating.
August 9, 2018