Christopher Ker To Be Sentenced This Week

After being found guilty of Grove Park sex attacks

The Police in Chiswick

Christopher Ker, the 23 year old found guilty of four sex attacks on women in Grove Park earlier this year, will be sentenced this Friday 7th December.

Ker pleaded guilty at Isleworth CC on 5th November to two attempted rapes, sexual touching and common assault on 26.6.07 in the vicinity of Chiswick rail station.

At 19.15 on Tuesday 26th June the first victim, a 16 year old girl and a friend were walking along Station Approach opposite Chiswick rail station when they were approached by Ker who asked them for a light.

They allowed him to use their lighter and then walked on. At approx 22.00 the victim was walking back along Station Approach, this time alone. As she walked along Cavendish Rd she noticed Ker and this time he stopped and asked her for a cigarette, which she gave him, and he continued to walk near her engaging her in conversation.

As the victim walked into Station Approach Ker touched her, she moved his hand and pushed his arm away. The victim then ran as she saw her bus and managed to get on the bus leaving Ker behind.

At 22.45 also on 26th June the second victim, a 34 year old woman, was walking home from the station along Burlington Lane when she became aware of Ker, who appeared to be hanging around. He approached the victim and asked if she would do him a favour, she replied no but Ker then attempted to put his arm round her and tried to lead her somewhere. The victim struggled and told him in a loud voice to leave her alone and Ker walked off.

Ker's third victim, a 33 year old woman, was walking along Devonshire Gardens at 23.00 when Ker jumped on her from behind, forcing her to the floor and then attempted to rape her. When a car passed, the victim managed to escape, run home and alert police.

45 minutes later at approx 23.45 Ker's fourth victim, a 36 year old woman, was walking along Sutton Court Rd when she was hit on her head by Ker and forced to the floor, where he continued hitting her and tearing off her clothing before attempting to rape her. The victim kept screaming for help and a local resident hearing the screams came to her aid and attempted to detain Ker but he managed to get away prior to the police arrival.

Christopher Ker was arrested on Wednesday 1st August and charged with the four offences.

On Monday 5th November Ker appeared at Isleworth Crown Court and pleaded guilty on all four counts.

December 5, 2007