|Arrests Made After Hedone Attack|
Two women on bail following stabbing of chef
Two people have been arrested following the attack on Hedone chef Mikael Jonsson last weekend. The police have appealed for witnesses to the attack which took place at the restaurant on Chiswick High Road shortly before 2.30am on Saturday 15th October. A female member of staff was also assaulted. Mr. Jonsson is reportedly claiming that he was assaulted after he found a group of people urinating outside his premises.
A statement from police said that a 17-year old female had been arrested on suspicion of common assault and a woman aged in her forties had been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. They have both been bailed to return to a West London police station on a date in mid-November, pending further enquiries.
The police are anxious to speak to a woman , described as a blonde-haired passerby, who may have stopped to talk on her mobile phone outside the venue and who might have information which could assist the investigation.
A statement from police said that when officers and ambulance crews arrived they found a man in his forties suffering from a cut to his forehead and arm. He had received hospital treatment and been discharged. A woman in her thirties had been found at the venue suffering from a swelling to the face, consistent with an assault. She did not require hospital treatment.
Mikael Jonsson,(44) the Swedish chef-owner who opened the cutting-edge restaurant last August, sent messages on Twitter over the weekend reassuring customers and friends that he was okay after the assault. The restaurant opened as normal the following night. Mr.
Mr. Jonsson tweeted that the restaurant had a full service the following night.
Officers from Hounslow CID are investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident and witnesses are asked to call DC Clarke at Hounslow CID on 020 8247 6157 or to remain anonymous Crimestoppers 0800 555 111