Chiswick Sexual Assaults Investigation Reaches Dead End

Man bailed last year is to face no further action


Hunt For Chiswick Sex Attacker Stepped Up

Fourth Attack on Woman in Chiswick

Sign up for our weekly Chiswick newsletter

Comment on this story on the

The 22-year old man detained last year in connection with a series of sexual assaults in Chiswick is to face no further action.

He was detained on Friday 12 December, at his home address in south London, on suspicion of sexual assault. He was then bailed to return this month pending further enquiries.

The detective in charge of the case says that the investigation into the assaults continues but there are no other suspects on bail in relation to the case.

There were four attacks on women in the Chiswick area toward the end of last year. On Friday, 14 November near a bus stop in Chiswick High Road at 8.15pm; on Saturday 15 November, at 2am, a woman was followed as she walked along Dukes Avenue then assaulted in Barrowgate Road; at 5am that same day, a woman was assaulted near Ravenscourt Park W6; and Sunday 30 November at 3am a woman walked from Chiswick High Road to Dukes Avenue, having got off a bus near Turnham Green, she was assaulted in Sharon Road.

chiswick sexual assaults

e-Fit of suspect

The suspect was described as a white male with tanned skin, between 5ft 4ins to 5ft 8ins tall, aged 25 to 30, stocky or athletic build with brown hair. All four women have told police that he spoke to them in Spanish, and at the time of the assaults was wearing a beanie hat and carrying a rucksack.

February 3, 2015