Fuse Box Goes On Fire In Chiswick Flat

Incident happened during the Fire Brigade strike



Bee Fumigation Bid Causes Fire In Chiswick

Car Catches Fire In Chiswick Lane

Sign up for our free weekly newsletter

Comment on this story on the

A fuse box went on fire at a flat near Chiswick High Road, in the final hours of the Fire Brigade strike.

An electrical fault was suspected to have caused the fuse box to blow up at the basement flat in Linden Gardens. One person was taken to Charing Cross Hospital.

The fire brigade was called at 5.21 pm on Tuesday (Nov 4th) and contingency crews attended the scene along with paramedics and police. The 48-hour fire brigade strike ended at 1800 hours.

The Ambulance Service sent a hazardous area response team and ambulance crew treated one person and took them to hospital.

A spokesperson for the Fire Brigade said: "Contingency crews attended this incident, which was a small basement flat fire.

"The fire was under control by 1759, just before the strike ended."

A police spokesman said an electrical fault had caused the fuse box to blow up and release smoke. The electricity supplier is also investigating.


November 6, 2014

Bookmark and Share