Fire Hits Cafe in Chiswick
Blaze started in basement on Grove Park Road
A cafe in Chiswick was in flames this morning after a fire took hold in its basement. Residents have been evacuated from the upstairs flats.
Four fire engines attended the scene at Cafe Grove on the Grove Park Road. The cause of the fire is believed at this stage to have been an electrical fault.
The owner of the cafe said, "Everybody is okau. That's the main thing. It seems mostly smoke damage. It started in the basement, probably a spark, and thick black smoke went up through the building."
Six people left the building before the fire took hold according to London Fire Brigade.
Station Manager David Farr who was at the scene, said, “Crews worked extremely hard to stop the fire spreading and to limit damage to the surrounding buildings.”
Four fire engines and crews and officers from Hammersmith, Acton, Chiswick and Richmond fire stations were at the scene.
The Brigade was called at 7.47am and the fire was under control by just after 9am.
The pharmacy next door has also suffered some smoke damage.
Picture: London Fire Brigade
October 15, 2015