The W4 Quiz of The Year
Test your knowledge and find out how Chiswick are you
If you think you know your Chiswick have a go at our quiz on the area. All the questions relate to news stories that we published during the year so if you have been paying attention you will have no problem answering them. We trust you not to Google for the answers.
The first person to send us all the correct answers wins our admiration and a life-time's free subscription to the ChiswickW4.com newsletter.
This man did not visit Chiswick in 2015
1) Which Chiswick Church managed to get a large extension without planning permission (briefly)?
2) Which Chiswick resident went all Hasselhoff in North Devon?
3) What reason did beer drinkers in W4 have particular reason to be bitter?
4) This man appealed to the people of Chiswick but it failed to get him to Blackpool. Who is he?
5) Who opened the Bedford Park Festival in 2015?
6) On which Chiswick road did a parcel bomb explode after being thrown out of a window?
7) Two very well-known Chiswick TV personalities got married in 2015 to people with the same initials. Name the happy couples.
8) What is the link between a business centre that closed and a café that opened in Chiswick during the year?
9) Which Prime Ministerial hopeful revealed his father used to be a furniture remover in Chiswick?
10) Who didn’t launch their La Terre des Livres range in Chiswick this April?
11) Which Hollywood star was a s-mash when he made a visit to the Tabard this year?
12) Which ‘superwoman’ flew from Chiswick to Clapham?
13) Which local vicarage was used as a location for the film ‘The Theory of Everything’?
14) Why was it very bad news for Chiswick when a cephalopod mollusc was replaced by a hat?
15) Why did Hounslow Council tell a Chiswick couple to stick the alteration to their house where the sun doesn't shine?
How Chiswick are you?
Score 15/15 - you are totally Chiswick, you saw Liberace at the Empire Theatre, bought ice cream at Mylo's and one of your children is called Hogarth
Score 10-14/15 - you are very Chiswick, they know your name in Mackens, you don't get excited when you see Ant and Dec in the street and you can point out the location of every traffic CCTV camera in W4
Score 0-5 - you actually live in Acton, Brentford or Hammersmith and believed your estate agent when they told you it was 'Chiswick borders'
December 30, 2015