THE 45th BEDFORD PARK FESTIVAL
June 11th-26th 2011
The Bedford Park Festival in June is one of the highlights of the local year. The fortnight of arts and social events is the centrepiece of St Michaels’ work in the community and raises money for charities and the church. Please find below further details:
1. There's a 'Royal Wedding Day' category in the Photographic Competition this year. Photos must be taken on Friday April 29th and need not be connected to the actual wedding. Simply show a snapshot of life on this historic occasion. Prizes from Snappy Snaps. Entries must be submitted by June 18th.
2. Calling all young film-makers! Chiswick's own Oscar-winner Colin Firth is on the jury of the Festival's first film competition for under-18s – called BPF Shorts. See www.bpfshorts.co.uk for details and prizes.
3. Guess who is playing The Mikado in Opera Novella's sparkling production of Gilbert & Sullivan's hilarious operetta? It's on Friday June 17th in St Michael & All Angels Church, featuring singers from the D’Oyly Carte - and Father Kevin Morris as The Mikado (see picture smaaa.org.uk/festival/BedfordParkFestival.html).
4. Singers wanted for the Festival Mass on Sunday June 26th. The rehearsals are on Tuesdays 9-10pm. All welcome. Contact: Jonathan Dods in church or at: email@example.com.
5. Please bake lots of cakes for the Cake Stall. Last year we ran out early. And please donate marmalade! Contact: Rachel Joseph 8840 5942
6. The Festival is supporting a new charity this year: CEDARS, which helps disadvantaged children in and around Chiswick. Profits will be shared with the Upper Room, which provides meals, training and other help for the needy in west London; USPG – Anglicans in World Mission, and St Michael & All Angels, itself a registered charity. See website www.smaaa.org.uk/festival
7. Children wanted… for Fancy Dress Contest, 5-a-side Football and Bedford Park’s Got Talent on Green Days weekend, June 11th and 12th. Watch website and noticeboards for details.
8. BBQ needs helpers in 1 to 2-hour slots on both Green Days to cook and serve burgers and/or take money. Contact Cliff Harper on 07956 300550 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. The High Roller Tombola needs new items for prizes, including Tickets for theatres, concerts and sports events; Weekends at hotels or sport clubs; and unwanted new gifts - Bottles of wine and spirits; Smart toiletries; Wallets, purses, photo frames, scarves; toys, books, CDs DVD's. Contact: Kim Parkash 020 8994 3252, email@example.com.
11. The new improved children’s area needs more helpers to run sideshow games. Can a group of family or friends help? Contact Nicola Chater 8742 1097 or 07801 0995547, or Sara.firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Good quality children's clothes (age 0-7) required for the Green Days stall. Please contact Vicky Brooke: 01784 482883.
13. We’d love someone to run the International Foods Stall, co-ordinating volunteers and local firms to bake and cook food, and serve it on the day. Please contact Helen Simkin on 8995 3285 or email@example.com.
14. Bric-a-Brac wanted for Green Days stall. Please contact Julie Duckworth 020 8747 4973 or 07896 346584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. The Refreshments Tent needs volunteers in 1 to 2-hour slots on both Green Days to serve tea, coffee, cakes, strawberries and cream etc. Contact Sara Main on 020 8987 9236 or email@example.com.
May 15, 2011