Agenda for Area Committee Meet
on Chiswick House Grounds, the tennis courts, Christmas Lights, new local
traffic calming measures, Crossrail and a host of other local issues
for next Wednesday’s Chiswick Area Committee meeting includes a great
number of issues that have already been raised here on the front page
or discussed by users of the forum. With this in mind, we have listed
below issues of particular interest that will be discussed at the CAC
be a major announcement on the state of Chiswick House Grounds. Representatives
from English Heritage and Hounslow Borough Council will be presenting
plans, subject to funding, to dramatically improve the grounds. They aim
to create a charitable trust that will oversee a sustainable project to
improve the grounds and facilities for the local community and beyond,
restoring this internationally significant historic estate.
In addition a Hounslow Council spokesperson has suggested that the update
on Chiswick Back Common Tennis Courts will include some very positive
Chiswick Area Committee
Wednesday, 25 June 2003 7:30 pm, Chiswick Town Hall
from Committee on the Future of Chiswick House Grounds
• Christmas Lights
• Traffic Calming Measures including
o Abinger Road
o Strand on the Green School
• Crossrail update
• Former public conveniences on Turnham Green
• Chiswick Back Common Tennis Courts – verbal update
• Chiswick Library – update
• Presentation by the Ambulance Service
• Area Committee Grants
• Capital Bids including
o CIP based capital bids
o Friends of Dukes Meadows
will report relevant information following the meeting
Forum will take place as close as possible to 9.00 p.m. for approximately
Members of the public may raise matters of local concern. Please bear
in mind the guidelines for public participation and that it may not be
possible to have a detailed discussion or response at the meeting. Points
raised will be noted and used to inform the work of the Area Committee.
Protocol for the Open Forum
1. Written items to be submitted where possible. ( Proformas will be available
at the back of the hall).
2. Where they are so submitted this should be by 8.30 p.m.
3. Speakers will be allowed at the Chair’s discretion.
4. The Chair will normally only allow one contribution per person per
item and one item per person per meeting.
5. Items on the main agenda should not be raised in the open forum.
6. Items where the debate cannot be contained within the public forum
may be continued at a future forum or may be put on a future agenda with
an officer’s report.
Government in Chiswick
up for our free weekly newsletter
Comment on this story on the