|Bid in the St. Michael and All Angel's Advent Calendar Auction|
A chance to acquire the festive work of one of 24 local artists
The pictures featured in the St. Michael and All Angel's advent calendar are to be auctioned of to raise more money for the Church's Christmas Charity Appeal.
At least a third of the money raised will go support The Upper Room, feeding the community in need in West London; Hamlin Fistula UK, a medical charity helping women in Ethiopia, and The Mulberry Centre in Isleworth, offering support to anyone affected by cancer.
St. Michael And All Angels by Francis Bowyer
“We’re very grateful to the artists and to the sponsors of the online Advent Calendar – and we hope people will give generously to this year’s Christmas Charity Appeal” says Fr Kevin Morris, the vicar of St Michael’s. “There are some wonderful paintings and we hope they’ll attract lots of bids.”
On Sunday January 5th 2014 at 11.30am at St Michael & All Angels, there will be an auction party in the Parish Hall. If you cannot be there, you can ask someone to bid for you by proxy.
Prior to that you can bid for the pictures - see below for instruction on how to do this. At the time of writing the top bid is for a picture of the interior of the Church by Francis Bowyer at just £200.
St Michael’s Angel by Liz Butler
Chiswick Churches by Deirdre Greenwood.Silent Auction: how to bid
1. Bids may only be made in person in the church – but the top bids will be updated on the website. See the latest bids
2. There is one bidding sheet for each of the 24 works, and each has a reserve price, set by the artist.
3. Each bid must exceed the previous one by a minimum of £1.
4. Clearly write your name, phone number and bid on the bidding sheet – and your e-mail address if applicable. Please keep a note of your bid, and the date when you made it. You may need to re-visit the auction to see if you have been outbid.
5. The auction will close just before lunch on Sunday January 5th 2014, at a party in St Michael’s Parish Hall, starting at 11.30am. Final bids may be made then.
6. The lots will close in sequence, every 30 minutes, as follows: Lots 1 to 8 at 12 Noon; lots 9 to 16 at 12.30pm; lots 17 to 24 at 1pm.
7. Works must be paid for before being taken away. Cheques only please.
8. Works not collected at the closing party may be collected by arrangement with the Parish Office on 020 8994 1380.
9. At least one-third of the purchase price of each work is kindly being donated by the artists to the St Michael & All Angels Christmas Appeal. Our thanks to them all.
10. Three charities will benefit from the Appeal: The Upper Room, feeding the community in need in West London; Hamlin Fistula UK, a medical charity helping women in Ethiopia, and The Mulberry Centre in Isleworth, offering support to anyone affected by cancer.
December 27, 2013