|Bidding Hots Up For Advent Calendar Auction Sunday|
Don't delay for your chance to acquire works by local artists
The pictures featured in the St. Michael and All Angels advent calendar are to be auctioned this Sunday lunchtime (Jan 5) to raise more money for the Church's Christmas Charity Appeal.
Almost £2,000 has been pledged in highest bids so far, and the church hopes this total will rise, as people make further bids and counter-bids between now and Sunday.
The 24 pictures are the work of local artists. smaaa.org.uk/advent/artists.php
The highest bid so far is £350 for Christmas Birthday by the award-winning painter Alfred Daniels. The second highest is £250 for a watercolour of the interior of the church by another well-known artist, Francis Bowyer RWS, who currently has an exhibition at the Royal Academy. You can see the current highest bids, and link to the pictures, here: smaaa.org.uk/advent/bids.php
St. Michael And All Angels by Francis Bowyer
The picture lots will close in turn, as follows. Nos 1 to 8 at 12 Noon; Nos 9 to 16 at 12.30pm; and Nos 17 to 24 at 1pm. See below for further details and rules on how to bid
Silent Auction: How to Bid
1. Bids may only be made in person in the church – but the top bids will be updated on the website.
2. There is one bidding sheet for each of the 24 works, and each has a reserve price, set by the artist.
3. Each bid must exceed the previous one by a minimum of £1.
4. Clearly write your name, phone number and bid on the bidding sheet – and your e-mail address if applicable. Please keep a note of your bid, and the date when you made it. You may need to re-visit the auction to see if you have been outbid.
5. The auction will close just before lunch on Sunday January 5th 2014, at a party in St Michael’s Parish Hall, starting at 11.30am. Final bids may be made then.
6. The lots will close in sequence, every 30 minutes, as follows: Lots 1 to 8 at 12 Noon; lots 9 to 16 at 12.30pm; lots 17 to 24 at 1pm.
7. Works must be paid for before being taken away. Cheques only please.
8. Works not collected at the closing party may be collected by arrangement with the Parish Office on 020 8994 1380.
9. At least one-third of the purchase price of each work is kindly being donated by the artists to the St Michael & All Angels Christmas Appeal. Our thanks to them all.
10. Three charities will benefit from the Appeal: The Upper Room, feeding the community in need in West London; Hamlin Fistula UK, a medical charity helping women in Ethiopia, and The Mulberry Centre in Isleworth, offering support to anyone affected by cancer.
St Michael’s Angel by Liz Butler
Chiswick Churches by Deirdre Greenwood
January 4, 2014