Top Rapper 50 Cent's Visit To Chiswick Is Cancelled Cancelled
QVC calls off the this weekend's show following domestic violence charges in the US
Top rapper 50 Cent's visit to Chiswick this weekend has been called off. The hip-hop artist had been due to appear on shopping channel QVC to sell his range of headphones.
But following charges of domestic violence in the US the visit by the 37-year old American artist has been called off.
A statement from QVC said; "In view of recently reported events in the US, QVC has decided to cancel the shows with 50 Cent that were due to be aired on Sunday 7 July and therefore the STREET by 50 On-Ear headphone range will not currently be available to purchase from QVC UK."
50 Cent and his headphones
Local MP Mary Macleod had called on US rapper 50 Cent to withdraw from his visit to QVC in Chiswick this weekend until he has answered charges for domestic violence.
He is due to appear in Court in Los Angeles on 22nd July to answer four counts of vandalism and domestic violence. The alleged incident is said to have taken place at the home of his ex-girlfriend in June. He denies the charges.
Mary had commented: “These charges are very serious. 50 Cent should immediately withdraw his visit to QVC until he has answered his charges. Not to do so would be an insult to people affected by domestic violence across the whole country. This is even more poignant in Chiswick, the site of the UK’s first domestic violence refuge.”
The hip-hop artist is one of the most controversial and financially successful rappers in America. He famously survived nine gun shots in an attempt on his life in 2000. Many of his songs tell of his experiences of drug dealing and violence.
In addition to his music career, 50 Cent has appeared in films including the autobiographical Get Rich or Die Tryin which was also the title of one of his most successful albums.
July 5, 2013