Scouts Group Needs Adult Volunteers
Local support needed urgently for Cub Scout pack
With all the Beaver and Cub sections in the Chiswick area being fully subscribed, it was decided 12 months ago to attempt to re-kindle 18th Chiswick (St Nicholas) Scout Group.
The organisers need to recruit at least two adults to assist in the running of a Cub Scout Pack.
What are the requirements?
• No specific experience/qualifications necessary, apart from you may find it easier if you have
• One evening meeting per week. Meetings will be on a Monday in a Scout Headquarters in the Chiswick area. Meetings are generally 1 and a half hours depending on the programme you plan. The timing of the meeting would also need to be decided. Generally giving enough time for children to have eaten tea but not too late a finish as a school night - so perhaps 6.30pm - 8 pm.
• If you decide to help us you would attend a short panel meeting (informal chat with local District/County representatives to make sure they are happy and you are happy with the role) and complete a DBS form.
• Training - basic requirement is 2 evening training courses and a short day First Aid Course. There are then a further 3 courses but these can be completed over three years. Some of the course work can be undertaken online.
• All the programme material and guidance on badge requirements is online - you can just pick and choose which ones you would like to do and in what order.
• You are not on your own - there are a whole raft of people you can go to for advice and ideas. There are Facebook groups, forums, other local Scout Leaders etc etc.
If you think you can help and more importantly help the young people of Chiswick please do not hesitate to contact with the scouts via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 10, 2015