Alcohol free and delicious, at the Chiswick Moran Hotel
New Year’s Day may be a fading memory now, but there’s no need to break the “dry January” promise during a night out in Chiswick. The stylish Globe Bar, located in the Chiswick Moran Hotel has launched a range of delicious alcohol-free cocktails - the perfect solution for January detox-ers twitching to break the booze ban.
The Globe Bar’s abstaining visitors can enjoy a meal, a few drinks with friends or watch sport on the big screens but, with the range of health-conscious cocktails on offer, there’s no need to ditch dry January. From extreme detox drinks like ‘The Master Cleanse’ and the ‘Energy Booster’, to fruity numbers like the ‘Orange and Pineapple Smoothie’ and ‘Berry Magic’, the mouth-watering mocktails will be available from now until 31 January 2014.
- The Citrus Detox Drink (£5) is a zesty blend of red grapefruit, orange and lemon, packed with vitamin C for the ultimate immune system boost
- Berry Magic (£5) is a fabulously fruity way to help reach the recommended “five a day”. Pear and a green apple are juiced, then strawberries, blueberries & cranberries are blended into the mix
- The Cucumber and Mint Detox Drink (£5) is a lean, green, detox-friendly delight. Cucumber, kale, pineapple, mint, ginger and green pepper are juiced and pepped up with lemon juice
- The Master Cleanser (£3) is said to flush toxins from the body. The drink combines lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper
- Another drink for serious detox-ers is the Grape & Apple Cider Vinegar Drink (£5). It’s a tangy blend of grape juice, apple cider vinegar and cinnamon powder
- The Avocado Avalanche Smoothie (£5) is a real treat. The blend of avocado, condensed milk and ice is delicious!
- The Orange and Pineapple Smoothie (£5) is a colourful fruit puree of orange juice, pineapple juice, banana and root ginger
- The deliciously different Watermelon Smoothie (£5) combines watermelon, plain yoghurt, ginger, almond extract and a dash of sugar
- A taste of the tropics comes in the shape of the Mango Smoothie (£5), a sumptuous blend of mango, milk, vanilla yoghurt and vanilla extract
- Dry January doesn’t have to be dull with an Energy Booster (£5). Cocoa powder, peanut butter, banana and vanilla yoghurt are pepped up with a sprinkle of cinnamon
Of course, anyone not avoiding alcohol for January is very well catered for by The Globe Bar’s extensive list of year-round classic cocktails, signature drinks and global beers.
Named after the huge shimmering globe that hangs in the room, The Globe Bar is a striking venue, open until midnight Monday – Thursday, until 1am on Fridays and Saturdays, and 11pm on Sundays.
The Globe is situated in the Chiswick Moran Hotel London, 626 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RY. For more information call 020 8996 5200 or visit www.chiswickmoranhotel.com
January 15, 2014