Students and staff at Hammersmith Academy in Cathnor Road are celebrating their third year of successful A Level and BTEC results.
Students excelled across the entire range of subject areas, with 15% of students being awarded the highest level of A* or equivalent.
Particularly excellent performances were seen in Geography, Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Art, Performing Art, IT and Sociology.
Headteacher Gary Kynaston says: “The consistent performance of the students at Hammersmith Academy continues to amaze me. To see so many students fulfil their ambitions which is a result of the shared hard work between the students, their teachers and their families.
" This cohort of students have come a long way in a short period of time and I am particularly proud that over 90% of them will be attending the University of their choice.
" On behalf of everyone at the Academy, we wish them all the best in the future."
The excellent results mean that students have secured places to study courses such as Law, Physics, Maths, English, Biomedical science at highly prestigious universities across the country, with many poised to attend Russell Group universities such as Bath, Bristol, UCL & KCL.
Students achieving remarkable success include:
• Artem Yurlov achieved brilliant result of A*AAB and will go on to study Maths at Warwick University
• Kais Al-Kaisi achieved A*AA and will go on to study Physics at the University of Bath
• Marko Gvero achieved AAA and will also go on to study Physics
• Maryam Ali achieved AAAA in her AS Levels, putting her well underway towards her dream of a career in Medicine
• Utku Aydin also achieved a fantastic result of AAAA at AS Level
• Bolor Jamsranjav achieved AAAB at AS Level
August 13, 2015