Record Number Of Preferred Secondary Places Announced
Hounslow Council say three quarters got first choice this year
A record number of students starting secondary school in September have been offered a place at one of their preferred choice of schools, according to Hounslow Council.
The figures released show that nearly three -quarters of applicants got their first choice school, while over 90% got a school from their top three. Online applicants will have to wait until Friday to hear about their offers.
Parents received their letters confirming the allocation of a secondary school place for their children yesterday (March 4) The figure of three-quarters (73 per cent) receiving their first preference is an increase of 5% from last year, putting the borough once again above the London average of 70.7 per cent, said the Council.
Cllr Steve Curran, Hounslow’s cabinet member for education and housing, said: “Parents know our secondary schools provide high quality education for local children, so demand for places is always high.
“This year, more children than ever before have got into their preferred choice of school, and everyone who applied on time has been offered a place.
“By working closely with our schools, and supporting families through the secondary transfer process, we’ve been able to make sure parents can be confident their child will get enjoy a successful secondary school experience.”
Across the borough:
Those who applied for a place online will have found out their allocations on Friday.
March 5, 2013