In 1865 Grove Park was an area of market gardens and orchards, supplying fruit and vegetables
to the rapidly growing population of London. Where the church now stands, there was a fishpond,
just inside the bend in Little Sutton Lane. However the arrival of the railway, which can be seen in
the bottom left of the map, led to the end of Grove Park as a rural retreat.
To return to St Michael's Sutton Court home page, close this window