History of St Michael's - Urbanisation

Map 1892

By the last decade of the nineteenth century, the development of Grove Park was coming on apace. In the Ordinance Survey Map of 1891-3 , Gordon Road and St. Marys Grove were already mainly built up, and Whitehall Gardens and Whitehall Park Road were roads, though without yet any houses. It would be more than 20 years before most of the area to the east of Sutton Court Road would be developed. This map shows the fishpond with a small footbridge over its eastern arm.

Back         Next        

To return to St Michael's Sutton Court home page, close this window