The Foundation Stone (1)

History of St Michael's -
        The Foundation

The foundation stone of the Church itself was laid on Saturday December 19th 1908 by Lord Kinnaird . The weather was bad. Despite this there was a large crowd, (some sheltering under an awning which had been erected) with the Choir of St Martin in the Fields leading the singing.

The Foundation Stone (2)

This stone can be seen just to the right of the main door at the eastern end of the Church

Back         Next        

To return to St Michael's Sutton Court home page, close this window