Make up artist to the royals Teresa Fairminer gives brides to be some invaluable advice
Teresa Fairminer heads a unique team of freelance Hair Stylists and Make-Up Artists who specialize in Bridal Looks and are in the top league of their professions.
They have been responsible for the Make-Up of TWO Royal Brides. HRH Duchess of York and HRH Duchess of Cornwall. Plus the Hair Styling for HRH Duchess of York’s Wedding
Sign up for a free weekly newsletter from ChiswickW4.com
Looking back at your wedding photos can be a cringe making experience unless you do your make-up home work first. You may think that you are well prepared because you have your wedding dress, hair and flowers sorted. But and its a big But if you neglect your make-up you will regret it. Those wedding photos are around for a very long time and good make-up can really help you look great.
Bridal Beauty Tips
- Always do make-up trials at the same time of day as your actual wedding. Wear white, such as a T Shirt if your dress is white for your trial run. The clothes you wear cast different tones on your face so it’s important. Having a trial run with a make-up expert will gain you valuable beauty tips for yourself. Remember you don’t have to actually book them for your wedding day......... its just a trial.
- Take photos, both close up and full length. It will highlight any problems such as too much shine on the your face. This can be particularly prevalent on the centre section of your face ( The bits that stick out) and will be doubly emphasized in any flash photography. Avoid being a sweaty Betty Bride and combat shine by applying translucent powder or using face blotters. Clinique Stay Mat face powder is great for most skin tones. Try Shiseido Oil-Control Blotting Paper, good to carry in your bag for shiny noses regardless of getting married or not.
- Don’t do drastic changes to your normal Look. He is marrying you for YOU and doesn’t need a heart attack when he sees you coming down the aisle trying to emulate Lady Ga Ga. She looks great but that’s her! Think YOU but a better fresher YOU. You will be glad you did in 1Five years time when fashions change.
Why not treat at your Mother to a waterproof mascara, she’s bound to blub and this will be a life saver for the photo’s. Remember she wants to Look good too. I know that waterproof mascara can be difficult to remove but I really recommend it for Brides as well.
- If you are prone to smudgy eyes then apply a tad of powder under the eyes as well. Not too much.... or you’ll look 90.
- Tone your blusher and
lips to compliment everything for your final Look. Even your flowers are an important ingredient to your colour scheme. Too many jarring shades won’t work well on the whole.
- Maybe if you are feeling generous buy your Bridesmaids a lippy too. That way at least there will be harmony amongst them. Chiswick W4 has Space NK, Benefit and Body Shop who all do excellent lip glosses for Brides and Bridesmaids this Summer. They are fun places to go with all your girlfriends for a trial run.
Teresa Fairminer heads a unique team of freelance Hair Stylists and Make-Up Artists who specialize in Bridal Looks and are in the top league of their professions. They have been responsible for the Make-Up of TWO Royal Brides. HRH Duchess of York and HRH Duchess of Cornwall.
Plus the Hair Styling for HRH Duchess of York’s Wedding
April 20, 2011