Teen Stabbed Inside Chiswick Park Tube Station

Owner of local business helped injured victim after he was attacked

The area where the incident took place


Chiswick Park Station Closed After Person Hit By Train

Sign up for our weekly Chiswick newsletter

Comment on this story on the

Police are investigating a serious incident at Chiswick Park tube station in which a teenager was set upon and stabbed in front of horrified commuters on Thursday (December 13).

The victim,who was attacked by a gang of four youths inside the front entrance of the station, received stab wounds and was taken to hospital. The youths then fled.

The incident happened at around 5pm and the station was closed off and trains stopped at Acton while a police investigation began.

The owner of a local dry cleaning shop rushed to the aid of the injured teen and administered First Aid while the emergency services were being called.

Eban Djima, who owns Chiswick Park Dry Cleaners, told Chiswickw4.com that he heard a commotion outside his shop at around 5 pm. At first he thought it was youngsters messing around until there was a succession of banging noises against his shop window.

"I ran out to say to them to watch out that they didn't break my window and then I saw four young guys beating up another young guy who was on the ground, and then I saw one of them had a knife.

"I yelled at them to leave him alone and they kept hitting him but then they ran off. There was a lot of blood and I think he was stabbed about three times in the back. I have been trained in First Aid so I tried to stop the bleeding, then a man came over and he also tried to help and he said he would call the ambulance and police."

Mr. Djima said the young man on the ground appeared to be drifting in and out of consciousness so he had tried to engage him in conversation to keep him awake. He told him he had been on his way to work a shift in a pub in Chiswick when the gang had followed him off the train and onto the street. He said he had doubled back to the station for safety and then been attacked. He said he did not know the youths who attacked him.

It is believed the injured teenager was travelling to Chiswick from his home in east London.

Chiswick Park was busy at the time with commuters. The police arrived and set up a cordon around the station. which was closed for some time.

British Transport Police officers were called to the station just after 5pm. A statement said, "A male was found injured and treated by paramedics from London Ambulance Service. He was taken to hospital for further assessment. He is believed to be in a stable condition.

"Officers are working to establish the circumstances behind the incident. The station was closed for a time while enquiries were underway.

"Anyone with information is asked to contact BTP by sending a text to 61016 or by calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 424 of 13 December."

Eva Diva-Djima praised her husband for chasing the gang off while the victim lay bleeding on the ground. Several people have commented on Facebook.

London Ambulance said, "We were called at 5:05pm yesterday (13 December) to Chiswick Park station, W4 to reports of an incident.

"We sent an incident response officer, a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew to the scene. We also dispatched London's Air Ambulance response car.

"We treated a man and took him as a priority to major trauma centre by road."

There is a public meeting to discuss crime and the future of policing in Chiswick on Wednesday, 19 December at 7.30 pm at St Michael & All Angels Church.


December 15, 2018

Bookmark and Share