Cigarette Thought To Have Started Esmond Road Fire

Investigation continues into blaze that took life of Janie Lamb

Related Links

Woman Dies After Being Rescued From Bedford Park Fire


Sign up for our free weekly newsletter

Comment on this story on the

The fire that killed Janie Lamb in her Esmond Road home is believed to have been started by a cigarette.

Janie, who was in her forties, died after she was rescued by firefighters.

The blaze that destroyed the whole of the first floor and loft conversation began just before midnight on Friday 26th February.

Crews from Chiswick and Acton found Janie Lamb, unconscious on the ground floor of the house.

She was taken to Charing Cross Hospital where she was pronounced dead.

A postmortem carried out earlier this week proved inconclusive.

It took the teams of firefighters more than five hours to get the fire under control.

London Fire Service said although they were not yet certain of the cause of the fire, they did not believe is was started on purpose.


March 5, 2010