Reserve your place for popular events now
Tickets are now now on sale for some events for this year's Bedford Park Festival.
You can book for Roy Hudd, Rowan Williams, Rosie Ashe, Walter & Lenny, The Lady In the Van and others.
Pic Ian Wylie
This year's festival celebrates the work of Shakespeare, Bernstein, Sinatra, Yeats, Rossini, Bach, Copland and the Welsh Male Voice Choir.
As usual the festival will have events for all ages and interests, including concerts, plays, talks, films, walks, and gardens.
- After a sellout run at the Chichester Festival Theatre, the London Premiere of Walter & Lenny will take place in St Michael & All Angels Church, which has hosted the Festival since it started 50 years ago. The play, devised and performed by Peter McEnery, tells the story of the creation of The Chichester Psalms by Leonard Bernstein, the composer of ‘West Side Story’.
- Rowan Williams, the former Archbishop of Canterbury, will read a selection of his favourite poems in The Poetry of Light, introduced by the former chair of the Poetry Society Anne-Marie Fyfe.
- Roy Hudd and his wife Debbie will entertain the Chiswick audience with an evening of anecdotes and memories from a showbiz comedy legend, whose career has spanned over 55 years in radio, TV and theatre.
- West End star Rosemary Ashe – who has just opened in The Great American Trailer Park Musical at Waterloo East Theatre – will perform songs from the shows, and have fun, with Jonathan Cohen on the piano.
- Two BBC Young Musician of the Year finalists, Charlotte Barbour-Condini and Sophie Westbrooke, will join celebrated violinist David Juritz and friends for a Baroque Serenade Concert & Supper. And Milly Forrest will lead a young cast of singers from the Royal Academy of Music and the Royal College of Music in Rossini’s opera La Cenerentola (Cinderella) with the London Young Sinfonia.
Plus a range of other concerts and events, from Japanese puppetry for children to the family film Minions; two Shakespeare evenings; the Chiswick launch of Julian Borger’s book The Butcher’s Trail; plus art, photography, walks, open gardens, church services and jazz and rock and music on the Green.
'Chiswick's favourite fortnight' runs from the Green Days weekend on 11 and 12 June 2016 (including lots of free open-air performances), culminating in the Festival Mass at St Michael & All Angels Church and the Bedford Park Open Gardens on Sunday 26 June 2016.
May 13, 2016