HACAN Welcomes Decision To Ground Dreamliners

Campaign group says residents need to know no risks are taken

Related Links

3rd Runway Won't Be Enough

PM Sent Videos Supporting Justine Greening MP

U-Turn On Third Runway Would Lose Tories Votes, Says Poll

Third Runway Plans Scrapped


Sign up for email newsletters from ActonW3.com, BrentfordTW8.com, ChiswickW4.com, EalingToday.co.uk, FulhamSW6.com HammersmithToday.co.uk, PutneySW15.com, ShepherdsBushW12.com, WandsworthSW18.com and WimbledonSW19.com

HACAN, the airport campaign group says that residents under the Heathrow flight paths have welcomed the decision to withdraw the new Dreamliner planes in order to make sure they are safe to fly. 

The decision to ground the entire fleet was taken last week after problems emerged with the batteries used in the planes. 

Qatar Airlines had been operating Dreamliners at Heathrow and other airlines, including British Airways and Virgin, have got them on order.

John Stewart, Chair of HACAN, said, “We welcome the decision to ground the Dreamliners.  Residents under the flight path are the first in line if anything goes wrong.  And many people are feeling particularly nervous just know after the recent helicopter crash in Vauxhall.”

Stewart added, “Heathrow has a good safety record but with more planes flying over London than any other city in the world, it is essential that no risks are taken.”


January 24, 2013