Five Sentenced For Robbing Man In Chiswick

Tracked down by police after using their victim's Oystercard to board a bus



Former Vicar Jailed For Abusing Altar Boy In Chiswick

Chiswick Woman Charged After Machine Gun Found in Car

Sign up for our free weekly newsletter

Comment on this story on the

Two men from Chiswick were part of a gang of five to receive custodial sentences after robbing a man in Chiswick last year.

They were tracked down by police after they used their victim's Oyster Card to board a bus after attacking and robbing him- the CCTV was used to help find the culprits.

Three men and two boys have been sentenced for robbery after the attack which took place at Chiswick Common Road on November 14 in 2014.

They were all sentenced at Isleworth Crown Court on Friday, 10 July. Two of the defendants pleaded not guilty whilst the other three pleaded guilty to robbery.

Shaun Forde, 21 of Bridge Avenue, W6 was sentenced to four years imprisonment after pleading guilty.

Craig McCafferty

Craig McCafferty, (19) of Sutton Court Road, W4 was sentenced to five years at a Youth Offenders Institute. He pleaded not guilty.

Jack Freeman, 18 of Alexandra Gardens, W4 was sentenced to two years and six months at a Youth Offenders Institute. He pleaded guilty.

A 16-year-old boy from Hounslow has been sentenced to four months detention and training order. He pleaded guilty.

A 16-year-old boy from Hounslow has been sentenced to 12 months detention and training order. He pleaded not guilty.

The court heard how on the night of 14 November 2014, the victim was walking along Chiswick Common Road when he was attacked from behind causing him to fall to the ground.

Whilst on the ground , he was punched and kicked and his attackers demanded his property.

The victim gave the attackers his mobile phone, cash and wallet and they ran off.

Officers from Hounslow Serious Acquisitive Crime unit launched an investigation and found that the victim's Oyster card was used to board a bus within minutes of the robbery.

They viewed the CCTV on the bus where they saw the five get on the bus and going through the victim's property. They were all arrested a week later and charged with robbery.

Detective Constable David Ward said: "As a result of the police working together with the victim, we were able to secure crucial evidence and present this before the courts. Forde is now beginning a lengthy jail term whilst the others at a youth offender's institute.

"Whilst at the institute, the young men will be spending a lot of time on training and education to help them to stop offending when their sentence is finished."

July 16, 2015